- What are these insects on my raspberries and vegetable plants?
This is a Colorado Potato Beetle. For control, use Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. Tenebrionis.
These tiny black insects are called springtails because of their ‘spring-loaded’ tails, which help them jump. Most springtails are beneficial and eat decaying matter, but a few consume living plant tissue, and some of these species can be pests.
- How can I identify the bugs on my peppers and cucumbers?
- Where can I find information on growing English or Southern peas?
- What do I need to know about growing tomatoes in Denton county?Is it different from Dallas County?
- I have a great crop of green onions this year.How can I process and store them?
- My vegetable garden just isn’t growing very well.I did try fertilizing my tomatoes with composted manure and that really helped.