Considering vegetable gardening?
Follow these guidelines and resources for a bountiful harvest
- Rule #1 Grow what you will eat.
- Rule #2 Make sure your veggie bed will receive 6-8 hours of sunlight.
- Rule #3 Research which plants do better as transplants, and which can be started from seed.
- Rule #4 Choose varieties that do well in our area.
- Rule #5 Research compatibility of plants and crop rotation.
- Rule #6 Start small and add varieties as you gain confidence.
Resources for vegetable gardening:
Texas A&M AgriLife: Vegetable Variety Selector