We are excited to announce the Greater Aubrey Area Gardening Series for 2021!
If you or someone you know would like to participate in one or all of our 6 events next year, visit the Greater Aubrey Area Gardening Series page for details and registration.
Due to Covid-19, this series is virtual (links to register) using Zoom webinar-style presentations. We are hoping to shift to in-person presentations later in the year, but until then, all presentations will be virtual.
We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
DCMGA General Membership Meetings
Everyone is invited to join the Master Gardeners, the second Wednesday of the month (except January, February, November, and December), 9:30 A.M. — noon (unless otherwise noted), at their general membership meetings. The first 30 minutes are social time, followed by the business meeting/presentation.Meetings feature speakers on a variety of topics. The meetings are held at the Denton County offices of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension at 401 W. Hickory Street, Suite 112, Denton TX 76201-9026, unless otherwise noted.
The following programs are scheduled:
- November 18: Join DCMGA in cyberspace for our virtual November 18th General Meeting and Program (10 am to 12 noon). We’re pleased to feature Blake Alldredge from Upper Trinity Regional Water District, who will present, “Protecting Water Sources Begins in Your Yard”. The business meeting (including member voting for the 2021 proposed budget and Board of Directors) will immediately follow our featured program. Advance registration is required. As always, our General Meetings and Programs are free and open to the public.
- December : No meeting, See you in the New Year!
The following recorded programs are available on our YouTube channel. Please enjoy them, and while you’re there, subscribe to our channel!
- August: Virtual Meeting Recording Links: Business Meeting. Presentation by Linda Harvey “Getting Buggy”
- September: View our September business meeting
- October:*Due to copyright protections, the Plant Trials Program presentation was not recorded.
- November: Virtual Meeting Recording Links: Business Meeting. Presentation by Blake Alldredge “Protecting Water Sources Begins in Your Yard!”
Questions? Contact the Denton County Master Gardener Help Desk at 940-349-2892.
Thank you for joining Us For our first DCMGA Fall Fest ONLINE!
Watch a recording of our Fall Garden Fest online venue to teach sustainable gardening for your North Texas garden. Our Featured presenters this year were:
- Dr. Hennen Cummings Presenting “Your North Texas Turf Needs“
- Dee Nash Presenting “Beautiful and Productive Vegetable Gardens”
- Toni Moorehead Presenting “Fall/Winter Tips & To-do’s for North Central Texas Gardens”
- Betsy Marsh Presenting “Gardens that Give Back: Lovely, Low-Water, Life-Giving Landscapes”