Join the Denton County Master Gardeners for Design Your Yard with Earth-Kind® Landscaping. This course concentrates on the thoughtful planning of a beautiful, productive yard or garden using Earth-Kind® practices that conserve time, money, and natural resources. The class includes a wide range of topics including planning preparation, design application, plant selection, and hardscape considerations. The course will focus on landscape design principles with the step-by-step basics of creating your own design.
- Friday evening, January 25, 6:30–8:30 P.M., and Saturday, January 26, 9:00 A.M.–4:30 P.M.
- Joseph A. Carroll Building, 401 W. Hickory Street, Denton, TX, 76201 (map), room 115
- Fee for the class is $100 for one person or $125 for two people in the same household. Registrant duos will share materials and design one property. A book and basic drawing supplies will be provided, as well as refreshments.
- Space is limited. Online registration is required. The registration deadline is January 24, and fees must be received by then to reserve your place in the class.
Participants should bring the following to the first class:
- a copy of their lot survey, usually a part of the property deed,
- several pictures of the spaces to be designed,
- any HOA or city requirements.
You may also download Google Earth, type in your address and look at aerial and street views of your property.
You may also wish to go to soiltesting.tamu.edu and follow the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service information to have your soil tested before the class. The Urban and Homeowner Soil Sample Information Form will provide you with how and where to collect samples, the cost, and how to mail your sample. You may also bring a soil sample to class.
Laptops, tablets, and smartphones are welcome in classes.